Knowledge of how to clean walls and ceilings will reduce the amount of dust that is around in your home and make the room look better.
As most of the cleaning process, it will take an effort from you for the very first time to clear the dust and grime. Once you are done cleaning the walls and ceilings and including it in your daily and regular cleaning it will save you time and you will yourself notice how much your house looks clean and it will stay cleaner for a long time.
Follow the easy and simple steps to cleaning walls and ceilings presented by the Ménage Total Cleaning Executives for your reference and help.
Table of Contents
First, come on and clean the dust falling from the ceiling and settling on the surface and on the walls. Ceilings do not require regular cleaning as walls so it is a good idea to clean it after some weeks and months.
Use a long-handled duster with a microfiber cloth attachment to remove stubborn dust and dirt which lies around the ceiling. It can be easily removed with a long-handled roller wrapped with tape while the sticky side is out.
Flat ceilings: Combine 1 cup warm water, mix it with 2 drops of liquid dish detergent and 1 tablespoon white vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the area then go over it with a soaked microfiber mop. Cover the roller with a clean cloth dipped in water and clean the area again to remove soap residue left on the ceilings.
The first step to clean the walls is dusting them. Once dust removed time is to clean the surface. If possible pull the furniture toward the center so that you can clean and work in all areas
Removing and Cleaning Stains
For this you will need two buckets of water, 2 gallons of water, 2 tablespoons of cleaning detergent, a sponge, cleaning cloths and cleaning towels.
- Fill the bucket with 1 gallon of water. Add the cleaning detergent and gently swirl the water with your hand.
- Fill another bucket with plain warm water.
- Start at the entrance and plan to work clockwise in the room.
- Put a towel on the floor at the base of the wall where you will perform the cleaning.
- Soak and put the sponge in the soapy water and gently take it removing extra water. Clean the section of the wall by section, so you focus on each area and your efforts are placed greatly towards the cleaning.
- Dip a clean cloth in the bucket containing water and wipe the area you just cleaned washed. Dry the area with a towel before moving lower to the next section.
- Allow the walls to dry for about half an hour most precisely before you move and treat the spots and stains on the walls. before treating any remaining stains.
After cleaning your walls and ceilings and drying it up move on to inspect the remaining spots and stains. Make a paste of baking soda and water and wipe it down gently in a circular motion to remove any crayon stains and spots that are present on the walls.
For better results and easy cleaning dust ceilings and walls each month at least. Clean the spots and stains with soap and water as you see them. A few minutes of the regular cleaning process will keep your walls and ceilings look clean and neat and it shall also remove dust and dirt present in your home.