Table of Contents
How I Organized My Home in Just 10 Days
Summer is finally over and the school season is back. That means summer sleep schedules and lazy, unplanned days have come to stop. How I Organized My Home in Just 10 Days It means that my unorganized summer ways have made my house in a dirty, unorganized manner. I am looking forward to some things, and I am going to make my place organized and getting this place back in shape. I am going to focus one room a day and try to get my house organized and back in order.
Before I start my work of cleaning I would like to take a deep breath and put a schedule on a piece of paper and share some important tips on how I will make my home clean and well organized.
I have three ideas of cleaning in my which one of the following you feel will take less time?
- There is too much mess and we don’t know where to start. We need a major change.
- We have been out of our normal cleaning.
- Things are neat and clean. We just need to do a little bit to clean it.
So my schedule is
- Monday: Kitchen
- Tuesday: Bedroom & closet
- Wednesday: Kids rooms and playroom
- Thursday: Laundry
- Friday: Bathrooms
- Saturday: Floors
And continue till day 10 for different sort of little cleaning works
I had to move to get this done in an hour but to make it happen. You never know when the evening will call for a family gathering or a party.
- Clear off things on the counter.
- Throw any food that is not needed in the fridge.
- Wash the dishes.
- Clean countertops and sink.
- Wipe appliances.
- Cleanse oven and stovetop.
- Wiping inside and outside of the fridge.
- Wash cabinets.
- Heat bowl of vinegar and half a lemon in the microwave 10 minutes, clean inside and out.
- Wipe down the table.
- Tidy up the cabinet.
- Take out the trash and recycle
Bedroom and Closet
- Pull out clothing that is not in use.
- Take out items that do not belong in the closet.
- Wipe down any dust.
- Remove things that don’t belong in the bedroom
- Dust dressers, shelves, picture frames
- Put and change linens on the bed.
Kids room and playroom
Normally the kids are in charge of picking up their rooms and the playroom, but I am doing it this time. I am not worried about cleaning the floors or dirty laundry aside. That fun is coming up in a couple of days.
- Throw out trash/paper and junk toys.
- Take out toys not used, or broken.
- Put toys in baskets.
- Straighten books on shelves.
- Clean drawers and shelves.
- Dust and wipe down surfaces.
- Change sheets.
Don’t spend your entire weekend catching up on laundry if you can do one task every day. Clean most clothes that are to be used on a daily basis. Start the machine before heading to work and transfer it to the dryer when you reach back home.
- Remove countertop dirt.
- Clean bathtub.
- Clean shower.
- Wipe down the counters and sink.
- Wash mirrors.
- Clean toilet bowl, seat, and base.
- Replace towels.
- Restock toilet paper.
- Empty trash.
If you don’t wear shoes in the house which can reduce dirt and dust, you can reduce the dirt out by putting floor mats both inside and outside of each door. Vacuum and clean them after a few days.